If you haven't done your Bronze theory exam there are several concepts in this course that may be new to you.
"Bronze and Beyond" is a very useful book which explains most of it, and is available from the BGA shop at a very reasonable £15.
Alternatively, Andrew Watson has published his Cambridge Gliding Club Bronze lectures online. The really useful background for this course can be found in the Air Law lecture - the slides are available at the link above, or a video of his talk is here .
The lecture on navigation might also be helpful.
You might particularly look out for and make sure you understand:
- QNH, QFE,
- Flight level, Height, Altitude, transition altitude, transition level
- ASR - Altimeter Setting Region
- TAF, METAR, VOLMET, CAVOK,
- VFR, VMC, IMC, IFR,
- Degrees of the compass
- Runway headings
- What London Information/Scottish Information is
- Controlled Airspace - MATZ, Zones, ATZ, RMZ, Parachute zones
- ILS, VRPs
- The difference between heading and track
It would also be helpful if you were familiar with the the symbols on a standard half-mil map.